Ground a smooth, rubberlike fist

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Eltraductor, Oct 8, 2013.

  1. Eltraductor

    Eltraductor Senior Member

    British English
    Hola a todos,
    Busco una traducción natural para la parte "smooth, hard, rubberlike fist" en la frase a continuación:

    "Bruno ground his smooth, hard, rubberlike fist into his palm, wishing the train would go faster."

    Mi intento:

    "Bruno estaba moliéndose un duro puño suave de consistencia gomosa en su palma, esperando que el tren acelerara un poco más."

    Agradecería cualquier ayuda,
    Muchísimas Gracias! :D
  2. Alisterio

    Alisterio Senior Member

    Mexico City
    UK English
    Leaving aside the hard, rubbery bit, "moler el puño en la palma" sounds like a bit too literal of a translation to me. I honestly can't think of an idiomatic way to describe this gesture in Spanish - unless there are any inspired native speakers out there, you might have to paraphrase it a bit an say something like "frotaba desesperadamente el puño con la palma [de la otra mano]".
  3. Eltraductor

    Eltraductor Senior Member

    British English
    Gracias por tu ayuda, Alisterio :D

Share This Page