Group A is usually informed when group B will arrive, and so group A is already...

JJXR

Russian
Hello to all,

Thanks for reading my post.

Sample sentence:

Group A is usually informed when group B will arrive, and so group A is already waiting when group B arrives.

Question:

I want to express that this is what happens on every occasion. Are the verb tenses, and the adverbs that I have chosen correct?

Thanks a lot for any comments, corrections or suggestions!

Regards,
JJXR

• VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    Yes, everything is correct. You need "will arrive" because it is not a time clause; and you're using the present continuous because the arriving "interrupts" the waiting.

It's either "the group A", or "Group A".

x-posted with LC

lingobingo

English - England
    It's either "the group A", or "Group A".
    That capital G is not essential, and as london calling says, an article is inappropriate before group A, group B, etc.

But, what you could say is "the A group", "the B group", etc. (though that's not as good).

VicNicSor

Banned
    Russian
    That capital G is not essential, and as london calling says, an article is inappropriate before group A, group B, etc.

But, what you could say is "the A group", "the B group", etc. (though that's not as good).
    Is it the same grammar as in "page 9", "number 4", etc... that is, like with numbers?

< Previous | Next >