grouted

LikeBarleyBending

China, Chinese
Hi all,

I know the definition of the noun 'grout' is:

thin mortar that can be poured and used to fill cracks in masonry or brickwork

But I cannot see what the verb 'grout' mean in the sentence below:

The trolley of the outdoor cooler is grouted for security at night.

How can a trolley be grouted?

Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    I know this is a verb form of "grout", but a second definition of the noun "grout" is "lee," which is defined as a protecting area or shelter. This usage is not at all common in my experience, but I believe this is that to which the writer was referring.

Matching Mole

England, English
    Where is this from LikeBarleyBending? I suspect it is the incorrect use of a word in translation.

The connection between lees and grout only applies to the definition of the word lees meaning sediment (lit. that which lies).

Lees meaning shelter is a homonym - an entirely different word.

I sense an error in the use of a dictionary in translation.

LikeBarleyBending

China, Chinese
    This sentence comes from a document I am translating for a customer. I am not sure whether it is written by a native of English, however most of the sentences sound natural at least to me. Along with this sentence, there is a picture which has such a bad quality that you cannot see the details - it seems that something is put(or built?) under the trolley of the cooler that is placed outside the store and cannot be pulled into the store at night due to limited space inside the store. So something is done to the trolley for security at night. No more context.

The grouting here does not look like a shelter. I thought they have grouted the trolley with concrete or something like that, but this is incredible.

Thank you all for your ideas.