Grumo de barro biliar

Discussion in 'Medical Terminology' started by MarkLondres, Oct 9, 2010.

  1. MarkLondres Senior Member

    Bogotá Colombia
    Hi Folks

    Does anyone know what this would be in English, literally it seems to be a lump of bilious "mud." But is there a reasonable equivalent in English?

    It is a lump of something, not necessarily permanent that can cause a shadow in the gallbladder. I have checked numerous references but cannot find anything remotely comparable in English

  2. krist Member

    barro biliar: biliary sludge
  3. MarkLondres Senior Member

    Bogotá Colombia
    Ewwww... Thanks
  4. sergio11 Senior Member

    Los Angeles and Buenos Aires
    Spanish (lunfardo)

    Concuerdo con Krist. Barro biliar es biliary sludge.

    Grumo es lump, como dijiste tú, pero hay que tener cuidado con lump, porque también significa bulto, o sea tumor. Cuando lo uses debes asegurarte de que la oración no sea ambigua como para dar lugar a malentendidos. Debes dejar claro que te refieres a "lumps of biliary sludge" o que el "biliary sludge" es "lumpy," pero si usas lump aislado, se va a entender bulto o tumor.

  5. aurilla Senior Member

    Puerto Rico
    Am Eng/PR Spanish
    "Gallbladder sludge"
  6. MarkLondres Senior Member

    Bogotá Colombia
    Hi thanks for your help, I actually wanted to know what it was so that I could google what I used to have. Sometimes I come out of the doctor's with no idea.

    Biliary sludge was exactly right and there are thousands of internet references


Share This Page