guess, probably, must.

daffyduckrichard193

Korean
here is my question

"i heard she makes 600 dollars a week"

"i guessing she works two jobs"
"she probably works two jobs"
"she must works two jobs"

if you say "she probably works two jobs" do you say this not because you are interested in the fact but because you just feel like you should answer the answer just because someone is asking you so like out of courtesy.

and which one would you say if you don't have much information on that fact but still quite sure about it.
and also i will appreciate it if you give some sentences like the ones above.

• Copyright

American English
    Please use appropriate capitalization and punctuation in your posts. I've changed the answers below to make them grammatical.

"I heard she makes 600 dollars a week."

"I'm guessing she works two jobs."
    "She probably works two jobs."
    "She must work two jobs."

To answer your question, we would say this if we were surprised that she made so much money every week -- we are suggesting that she must work two jobs to make so much. You don't say something so specific "because you just feel like you should answer ... out of courtesy."

I'm sorry but we don't provide lists of sentences.

heypresto

English - England
    In sentences like these I'd never talk about working a job. I would talk about having a job.

"I'm guessing she has two jobs."
    "She probably has two jobs."
    "She must have two jobs."

I think this could be a BE/AE difference. :confused:

Copyright

American English
    We could/would certainly use "have" -- but the "working two jobs" is pretty common. Obviously, I'm familiar with it, so it seems fine ... and it also has that extra bit of effort in there with both "work" and "job." :)

Copyright

American English
    I would say one of the three in post 2 depending on context, mood and time of day. They're just variations for slightly different circumstances.

heypresto

English - England
    With the amendments I suggested in my post #3, you could say all three.

And please note Copyright's request that you use appropriate capitalization and punctuation in your posts. See post #2.

Cross-posted.

< Previous | Next >