Gujarati: Be the change you want to see happen in the world

TimeHP

Italian - Italy
Hi all.
Could you tell me how do you write/say in Gujarati the famous sentence by Mahatma Gandhi:
Be the change you want to see happen in the world? :)

Many thanks

• tamah

Fluent Hebrew, Avg. Hindi & Marathi, Good English, Horrid Russian
    cweeetguy2000, I understood almost every word of the sentence except 'pota' What is the meaning of this word?

TimeHP

Italian - Italy
    Many thanks, cweeetguy2000. Could you tell me which word means
    change? Would you write 'change' in Gujarati characters?

Thank you indeed

tamah

Fluent Hebrew, Avg. Hindi & Marathi, Good English, Horrid Russian
    In the said sentence the word for change is 'parivartan'

Gujrati script = 'પરિવર્તન'

Hindi script = 'परिवर्तन'

dfeg

English -Ireland
    Hi guys, I'm looking for something very similar. I would really like to have the start of the quote translated into Gujrati Script. So just

be the change

Dib

Bengali (India)
    Hi guys, I'm looking for something very similar. I would really like to have the start of the quote translated into Gujrati Script. So just

be the change

પરિવર્તન બનો

... But I am not sure how idiomatic it would sound in Gujarati. The previous version uses a different wording which implies "bring the change in yourselves".

dfeg

English -Ireland
    Thanks for getting back Dib, Really appreciate it.
    If that's the case what do you think would be the closest to the original quote

Dib

Bengali (India)
    Hi, dfeg, I do not know whether the statement was made by Gandhi originally in Gujarati or another language (e.g. English). On top of that, when cweetguy2000 posted the Gujarati version, they did not mention whether it was Gandhi's version or just a translation from the English statement. So, I am afraid I cannot really help you there. What I can do, is to extract the relevant portion from cweetguy2000's version without any guarantee about its closeness to the "original":

પોતા માં પરિવર્તન લાવો