Gujarati: Was nice to see you again, good luck on your next lesson

• linguist786

English, Gujarati & Urdu
    Tané paaChu joyne khushii thaii, taaru aavtu lesson maate khuush nassiibii

lesson = can't think of a better word. Most people would say the English word!
    khuush nasiibii = This would be the literal translation for "good luck". I would suggest using the English (replace "khuush nasiibii" with "good luck")

I'm sorry I don't have the Gujarati font available at the moment. I have it on my computer at home (I'm away at the moment)

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    I'm sorry I don't have the Gujarati font available at the moment. I have it on my computer at home (I'm away at the moment)

Let me see what I can do. You can check it then. :)

Tané paaChuN joyne khushii thaii, taaruN aavtuN lesson maate khuush nassiibii
    તને પાછું જોઇને ખુશી થાઈ, તારું આવતું લેસન માટે ખૂષ નસીબી.

Good luck in Gujarati script would be "ગુડ લક".

Questions to the Gujarati sentence:
    1. Why did you put an accent on the e in tane?
    2. Did you omit the nasal endings (ં) on purpose?
    3. Does joyne mean to joy? If so, wouldn't it be redundant to use both ખુશી and જોઇ?
    4. Could (વિદ્યાર્થીએ) ભણવાનો work for lesson, even though it sounds quite verbose. :)
    5. Are you sure it's really khuush nassiibii? I would have guessed something like ghanuN nasiib. :confused:
    By the way, I'd suggest to write it in two sentences, at least for English. :)

panjabigator

Am. English
    Let me see what I can do. You can check it then. :)

Good luck in Gujarati script would be "ગુડ લક".

Questions to the Gujarati sentence:
    1. Why did you put an accent on the e in tane?
    2. Did you omit the nasal endings (ં) on purpose?
    3. Does joyne mean to joy? If so, wouldn't it be redundant to use both ખુશી and જોઇ?
    4. Could (વિદ્યાર્થીએ) ભણવાનો work for lesson, even though it sounds quite verbose. :)
    5. Are you sure it's really khuush nassiibii? I would have guessed something like ghanuN nasiib. :confused:
    By the way, I'd suggest to write it in two sentences, at least for English. :)
    3. Joyne is the infinitive of "to see." So it is not redundant.
    4. Could you say /paTh/ for lesson? Or even /sabak/?

I can't comment on the rest. Good job with the Gujarati. How about your Hindi and Panjabi:)

Whodunit

Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    3. Joyne is the infinitive of "to see." So it is not redundant.

Hmmm, as far as I know, infinitives end in -vuN (-વું), don't they? The infinitive of to see should be જોવું then. Let's wait for linguist; he'll know best. :)

4. Could you say /paTh/ for lesson? Or even /sabak/?

Well, what I've found so far, tells me that પઠન (paThna) means studying, and that સબક (sabak) means lesson in the negative sense, as in to teach someone a lesson, which has nothing to do with studying. :)

I can't comment on the rest. Good job with the Gujarati. How about your ;) Hindi and Panjabi:)

Thanks. It's not my Hindi or Panjabi, because I have studied none of the above, but I can read some letters due to Gujarati. ;)

Dienst

USA English
    Not sure if it changes any of the translations but am wondering if I should have been specific and said it was a driving(auto) lesson. AS far as my Hindi and Panjabi,even less of a grasp than Gujarati. Thank you for input.

linguist786

English, Gujarati & Urdu
    "jovuN" is the infinitive of "to see", as Whodunit said. "joyne" kind of means "after having seen" (equivalent of "dekh kar" in Urdu/Hindi)

"sabak" is a great word for lesson! Why didn't I think of it! (and no, it isn't used in a negative sense - although it can be, just like English)

Whodunit said:
    તને પાછું જોઇને ખુશી , તારું આવતું લેસન માટે ખૂ નસીબી.

To be honest, the dots on top mostly don't matter. You will see them being misused all the time. The reason I can think of is that nobody really takes care in pronouncing them anyway (in speech) so they can't tell where to put them and where to not! (I'm guilty of this too). I guess you just have to take each word as it comes. :)