guy with the fish on the bumper sticker?

ddubug

Korea
HI,
I need your help, here.

<I fee closer to the ultrareligious New Yourkers(after reading the Bible) than I do the secular. The guy with the fish on his bumper sticker. The black man with the kufi(=African traditional cap). These are my compatriots. They think about God and faith and prayer all the time, just like I do.>

The guy with the fish on his bumper sticker. The black man with the kufk.
=====they think about God and faith and prayer all the time??
Help me to understand this sentence.

• Meadow Blue

Banned
    England English
    HI,
    I need your help, here.

<I fee closer to the ultrareligious New Yourkers(after reading the Bible) than I do the secular. The guy with the fish on his bumper sticker. The black man with the kufi(=African traditional cap). These are my compatriots. They think about God and faith and prayer all the time, just like I do.>

The guy with the fish on his bumper sticker. The black man with the kufk.
    =====they think about God and faith and prayer all the time??
    Help me to understand this sentence.
    Hi ddubug,

People who have a fish symbol on their bumper put it there to let others know that they are Christian, since the fish (not the crucifix) was the earliest symbol of Christianity.

In the same way, the black man wearing a kufi, is showing his religion to all who see him.

This doesn't mean that they think aboout God and faith and prayer all the time - people's minds are too easily distracted by everyday living. But they presumably spend far more time than others, thinking about their religious beliefs, praying, etc.

< Previous | Next >