gygy / gygys

• bigalms

English
    In that case, I don't understand the entire phrase spoken by one character to a group of characters in the movie.

bigalms

English
    I thought my question was polite. Perhaps there's a dialect difference here. I'm from New York. As for context, I couldn't give any without describing an entire scene.

Nanon

français (France)
    Honestly, @bigalms , I don't know of any other meaning to gygy.
    Gigi may be a nickname (short for Gisèle, Gilberte, Geneviève...) but I fear that it doesn't make sense either.
    Could you please provide, maybe not the entire scene, but just a couple of sentences so that we can try again?

bigalms

English
    It's in the first episode of a series called The Hookup Plan (perhaps that's the English title) on Netflix. Another instance is "gygy pervers", which the main character says when she's introduced to a man. Could it be Gitane?

bigalms

English
    Yes, that's it. A very stupid series but it's helping me better understand young people's spoken French. I turn on the French subtitles rather than the English subtitles.
    Thanks!

Hello Bigalms
    To give you more of a sense of what's going on in the scene, they are at a party. Elsa's friend is trying to hook her up and telling her that there's a guy staring at her. Elsa says, no, they are checking you out(you, being her VERY pregnant friend) who replies;

Je suis enceinte jusqu'a la glotte. A part les pervers et les gygs...

ie, I'm pregnant up to my epiglottis. Except for OB-Gyns, and perverts, no one finds me attractive.

Hope that helps. The series is actually quite charming, stick with it, but keep your expectations low. It's great for both slang and verlan.

Hello Bigalms
    To give you more of a sense of what's going on in the scene, they are at a party. Elsa's friend is trying to hook her up and telling her that there's a guy staring at her. Elsa says, no, they are checking you out(you, being her VERY pregnant friend) who replies;

Je suis enceinte jusqu'a la glotte. A part les pervers et les gygs...

ie, I'm pregnant up to my epiglottis. Except for OB-Gyns, and perverts, no one finds me attractive.

Hope that helps. The series is actually quite charming, stick with it, but keep your expectations low. It's great for both slang and verlan.

My auto-correct deleted the second y--A part les pervers et les gygys...