Hôtesse polyvalente

calamitijenn

Bonjour,

Je suis en train de traduire mon CV en anglais et je ne parviens pas malgré mes efforts à trouver une traduction pour le poste d' "hôtesse polyvalente".

Il me semble qu'hôtesse (en entreprise) se traduit par "front desk receptionist".
Mais le côté "polyvalent" est important car non seulement je suis fréquemment amenée à faire des tâches de secrétariat, aussi bien que d'assistante commerciale, mais je suis également "polyvalente" dans le sens ou j'effectue les remplacements, et suis donc amenée à changer fréquemment de sites.

Une idée pour traduire polyvalente ???

Merci d'avance

• wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    Mais le côté "polyvalent" est important car non seulement je suis fréquemment amenée à faire des tâches de secrétariat, aussi bien que d'assitante commerciale, mais je suis également "polyvalente" dans le sens ou j'effectue les remplacements, et suis donc amenée à changer fréquemment de sites.

Une idée pour traduire polyvalente ???
    We call that an office floater. Somebody available to fill in all over the place. But not too elegant-sounding for a résumé...

Hmm, backup staff member...?

Franglais1969

English English, français rouillé
    We would say Girl-friday (if female, which, without being sexist, most of these type of people seem to be).

As Wildan says, however, doesn't look that great on a CV.

Franglais1969

English English, français rouillé
    Haha, I haven't heard that term in decades! It sounds like an old private detective novel. Do you still use it in the UK?

In the US these days you'd probably get decked if you called a woman employee that...
    It is still used, if not all that common.

Just call me Dick Tracy! ;)

Nicomon

Français, Québec ♀
    Could we may be cover the polyvalente part by field... based on field staff/personnel = personnel roulant/itinérant.

e.g. (using Kelly and floise suggestions;)) Field assistant-receptionist or Field office assistant? Would that work?

calamitijenn

Thanks a lot for all these suggestions.

Unfortunately, I don't have wings, so I'm afraid I can't be a flying receptionist ;)

I think I'm going to go for "receptionist / office assistant".

Even though this doesn't evince my great professional adaptability, required by the fact that I have to pinch hit (is that the good expression??) any receptionist / office assistant working on one of the 35 sites in my district.

Any other suggestions ?? :confused:

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    Even though this doesn't evince my great professional adaptability, required by the fact that I have to pinch hit (is that the good expression??) any receptionist / office assistant working on one of the 35 sites in my district.
    to pinch hit/be a pinch-hitter is a very good AE slang expression for this (baseball term)--but not something for your résumé!

floating office assistant might be OK (you can't fly but hopefully you can float!)

Nicomon

Français, Québec ♀
    No offense... but I'm not sure your French title of hôtesse polyvalente makes it crystal clear that you are "pinch hitting" for the 35 sites. To me polyvalente means that you are good at "multi-tasking", but that can be done in a single office. So if you're presenting your resumé in both languages, you may want to rethink that.

Something like réceptionniste-aide de bureau de relève/mobile/suppléante/volante

If flying doesn't work in English, personnel volant is common in French (at least in Quebec French, it is), and I'm guessing this is what Gil had in mind. ;) As per the GDT, it is indeed floater (as Wildan suggested). And relief (Gil again) would be perfect to translate de relève/suppléante
    Définition :
    A worker without regular fixed duties who is available for assignment wherever extra help is needed.
    To translate job offers and/or descriptions this bilingual site has often helped me.

< Previous | Next >