haberse hospedado / realizado una estancia

< Previous | Next >

Linguini

English
The criteria for accumulating points on a membership card for a hotel chain are as follows:

· haberse hospedado en los Hoteles adscritos al Programa al menos 5 noches
· acumulado 10.000 puntos
· o realizado 2 estancias

I would translate this as:

· have stayed in the hotels subscribed to the programme for at least 5 nights
· have accumulated 10,000 points
· or have stayed twice

To me, point 1 and point 3 are therefore essentially the same. Therefore, could anyone explain the difference between hospedarse and realizar una estancia to me?

Thanks in advance.

• mar65

Spanish Argentina
    Hola,

Básicamente hospedarse y realizar una estancia son lo mismo.
    Pero creo que en este caso la diferencia radica en que en el punto 1 alguien para acumular puntos debe hospedarse un mínimo de 5 noches, mientras que en el punto 3 puede hacerlo en 2 estancias más cortas (por ejemplo 2 días en cada una ya que no de indica tiempo mínimo), y con ello acumularía puntos también.

Espero te sirva.

Saludos

gengo

American English
    To me, point 1 and point 3 are therefore essentially the same.
    I agree with Mar65. Point 1 refers to the total number of nights stayed in the hotel, while point 2 refers to the number of separate stays. Therefore, you could meet the criteria by having stayed a total of only two nights, as long as those nights were not continuous (i.e., you had two stays (check-ins and check-outs) at the hotel).

However, I find something odd here. You say:

The criteria for accumulating points on a membership card for a hotel chain are as follows:

· acumulado 10.000 puntos
    It is illogical to say that one of the ways to accumulate points is to accumulate points.

nijota429

English - USA
    1. Stay at least 5 nights in participating hotels
    2. Earn/Reach 10,000 points [please refer to gengo's point in post #3 above]
    2. Complete/Conclude 2 stays in participating hotels [or] Stay twice in participating hotels

gengo

American English
    1. Stay at least 5 nights in participating hotels
    2. Earn/Reach 10,000 points [please refer to gengo's point in post #3 above]
    2. Complete/Conclude 2 stays in participating hotels [or] Stay twice in participating hotels
    Your "participating hotels" is a vast improvement on "hotels subscribed to the program[me]."

Just guessing, but I think the OP meant to say that these are the three ways to earn rewards (free accommodation, etc.), not accumulate points.

Linguini

English
    Yes I meant earn rewards not accumulate points (sorry) and the translation is rough, it was just to clarify the meaning of 1. vs. 3.
    Thanks all so much for your input!

< Previous | Next >