habit / addiction

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.

eolion

italian italy
What ever life, in so far in-human, becomes human to addiction. ( Yasunari Kawabata)
I doubt if " by addiction" or " by habit " could give a better construction.
Meaning that habit renders acceptable the worst.
Thanks to anyone will want to answer.
:rolleyes:

• eolion

italian italy
    Thanks for answering ewie.:eek:
    For what I can guess, the writer would want to mean something like:
    It does not matter how bad someone's life is, every life is acceptable when you get used to it.
    The question is that it is written as a poem, so the words above are litterally rendered. Is it clearer now?
    :cool:

ewie

English English
    Ah I see ~ so it's a literal word-for-word translation of a haiku or something like that ... ?

So ...

erm ...

you're asking us to interpret what it means, then ... ?

(Maybe you'd be better off asking this in the Japanese forum, if you can find the original:idea:)

eolion

italian italy
    ewie you badly misunderstood... perhaps you do not trust me... or just think what might I want...
    Ok! I did not want any one to translate or get the meaning. I just asked for a help to compose the words that I wrote in a way that ... it could be understandable or at least seem as much as possible to a short sequence of (?) verses( don't know if this is correct). Do you think you might leave your untrusty attitude? I do not have the japanese text... ok? I grasped that the way I composed the words is too of a jumble. Now is there any other suggestion to use those words in a compehensible way?
    Thank you very much in advance once again.
    p.s. the meaning is more or less what I gave you two posts above.

Sparky Malarky

English - US
    Eolion, I don't think Ewie meant to suggest that you were doing something against the rules of the forum. They are very strict on this forum, but I don't think that's the case here. I think that Ewie simply doesn't understand what you are trying to say. I'm sorry to say that I don't either.

IF I understand your question, you are trying to express something that you read in a poem? Unfortunately, your original phrases are incomprehensible.

eolion

italian italy
    All right Sparky. Thanks to you too. I am very amazed to read what you and ewie both are writing. Do you really want to mean that you do not know the following words? ok. I will write again with no connestion:
    Whatever (as any or whatever one might suggest, each, etc)
    Life
    Insofar (so far, or though or that much or ...something similar)
    Inhuman
    Become ( turn into or ...)
    Human
    Addiction ( habit or...)
    ??? Don't you really know any of the words written above?
    If you ever do, you cannot truly help me composing them correctly? I just asked if the grammar was correct and noticed it is not at all. Right. Any suggestion about?
    :confused:

Loob

English UK
    I'm sorry, eolion, I really don't understand what you are trying to say either.

Do you have a text in Italian? If so, it might be worth asking for help in the Italian/English forum:).

Tazzler

American English
    All right Sparky. Thanks to you too. I am very amazed to read what you and ewie both are writing. Do you really want to mean that you do not know the following words? ok. I will write again with no connestion:
    Whatever (as any or whatever one might suggest, each, etc)
    Life
    Insofar (so far, or though or that much or ...something similar)
    Inhuman
    Become ( turn into or ...)
    Human
    Addiction ( habit or...)
    ??? Don't you really know any of the words written above?
    If you ever do, you cannot truly help me composing them correctly? I just asked if the grammar was correct and noticed it is not at all. Right. Any suggestion about?
    :confused:
    You cannot string words together any which way and expect to get necessarily a meaningful sentence (though it may be perfectly grammatical).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >