hacerse acreedor de - el conductor se hizo acreedor de una multa

• crystyna

English- United States
    Hi,
    It depends on if you are trying to say the taxi driver had to pay the fine. If the taxi driver has to pay the fine, he is subject to the fine, or liable for the fine. If the taxi driver did something very wrong, like crash into another car, then you can also say that he deserved the fine for not paying attention to the road while driving.:eek:

Deserved is "merecer."

When someone owes money they are a debtor, and the person they owe money to the creditor. So if I have a credit-card to shop at Wal-Mart then I am the debtor and Wal-Mart is the creditor.

I hope this helps.

crystyna

English- United States
    Hi,
    It depends on if you are trying to say the taxi driver had to pay the fine. If the taxi driver has to pay the fine, he is subject to the fine, or liable for the fine. If the taxi driver did something very wrong, like crash into another car, then you can also say that he deserved the fine for not paying attention to the road while driving.:eek:

Deserved is "merecer."

When someone owes money they are a debtor, and the person they owe money to the creditor. So if I have a credit-card to shop at Wal-Mart then I am the debtor and Wal-Mart is the creditor.

I hope this helps.

fenixpollo

American English
    Otra posibilidad: The driver earned himself a fine.

Esta frase es coloquial y sugiere que el conductor hizo algo para recibir una multa, o que se mereció la multa.

< Previous | Next >