Haitian Creole: Ou paka pa la!

maite99

English
Hello! Is anyone able to help me translate this phrase from Haitian Creole to English? "Ou paka pa la!" Thank you so much!

• Yendred

Français - France
    Don't be so sure, this is just a try, as Haitian Creole is somewhat close to French, but if I were you, I would wait for the opinion of a native.

maite99

English
    Don't be so sure, this is just a try, as Haitian Creole is somewhat close to French, but if I were you, I would wait for the opinion of a native.
    Thank you! Yes, I will keep waiting for more replies today! Thank you!

KalAlbè

American English & Kreyòl Ayisyen
    Hello! Is anyone able to help me translate this phrase from Haitian Creole to English? "Ou paka pa la!" Thank you so much!

What's the context?
    It means "You have to be there/here!" La in HC can mean either here or there depending on the context.

I bet on "you are not there", but this is just a try.

Possible, but without further context, that would be Ou pa la.

Ciao,
    I found something like "you're indispensable". But it's only a guess. @KalAlbè would be more helpful :)
    That is a possibility, of course, but again context is crucial.

maite99

English
    Thank you so much, @Yendred , @KalAlbè and @alfaalfa ! I deeply appreciate your quick and expert responses! It is a sign that I need to interpret for a project. I am uploading the photo here.

Attachments

• IMG_1670 copy.JPG
      IMG_1670 copy.JPG
      136 KB · Views: 116

maite99

English
    Hi, @KalAlbè ! Thank you so much for sharing your time and expertise. Your guidance has come highly recommended. What do you believe the most accurate translation is based on the photo above!? Thank you SO much for your help!!!!

KalAlbè

American English & Kreyòl Ayisyen
    Hi, @KalAlbè ! Thank you so much for sharing your time and expertise. Your guidance has come highly recommended. What do you believe the most accurate translation is based on the photo above!? Thank you SO much for your help!!!!

Padekwa!
    As I'm not that good with slogans and taglines, I would say simply "Don't miss it!"