Hakkını helal etmek / helal olsun

FlyingBird

Macedonian
When do you say hakkını helal et and how do you answer when somebody say that to you?

What does it mean helal olsun and when do you say that, i know very good what olsun mean but what about helal?

What does it mean hakkımı helal ettim?

i would be very grateful if you can tell me for each word what they mean literaly. Does word hak have same meaning as hak in haklısın or hak here have totally different meaning?

• azaroghli

Turkish (Azeri) - Persian
    Hakk means right. hakkini means your right
    et means do
    Helal is an Arabic word more used for religion customs, but in this sentence (hakkini helal et) means forgive.
    So, hakkini helal et means please forgive me for your rights which I mar.
    Helal olsun is response to hakini helal et and means I forgive you.

Excuseme, I'm not Turkish and English native speaker, So may I have mistake in grammers and vocabulary.

FlyingBird

Macedonian
    But i don't understand, if you ask someone to forgive you than why dont you say hakkımı helal et?

Kurosakii

Turkish
    Because it is not about the right of the person who says this. It is about the right of the person that is being talked to. When you say hakkını helal et, it simply means "thanks for everything you have done for me and forgive me if i have done something to breach your right." And the person who says this will be going somewhere. It is used in daily talk when you're saying farewell to a person.

azaroghli

Turkish (Azeri) - Persian
    When I say you forgive me, it means that already I mar your rights and now I'm asking you to forgive me. But, when i say hakkini helal et, it means that if (may not) I mar your right....
    So, forgive me is just a politely word and is common all over the world in all cultures, but "hakkini helal et" means " forgive me, if I mar any rights of you or if I bother you anyway" (and also "thanks for everything you have done for me" as kurosakii said) and more is important for religion ppl to ensure they are peace at the hereafter rather than this world.
    (This sentence is used also in Persian,also)