ham with mustard

< Previous | Next >

Hole

Croatia - Croatian
Hi!

I'm not sure what this expression mean. It is used in a conversation between two actors. One is an amateur actress, and when her friend tells her she's a ham, she thinks it's a compliment. When she finds out what it really means, she screams to him: "You called me a ham! I know what that means! Well, you are a ham with mustard!"

My question is: does it have a special significance, or does it just mean "you're even a bigger ham than I am". When I google it, I only find real ham with real mustard :)

Thanks!

• hopefultoo

English - UK
    Hi!

I'm not sure what this expression mean. It is used in a conversation between two actors. One is an amateur actress, and when her friend tells her she's a ham, she thinks it's a compliment. When she finds out what it really means, she screams to him: "You called me a ham! I know what that means! Well, you are a ham with mustard!"

My question is: does it have a special significance, or does it just mean "you're even a bigger ham than I am". When I Google it, I only find real ham with real mustard :)

Thanks!
    Ham actor = an amateur actor or a 10th rate actor who outrageously overplays his scenes - exaggerated over-actor

Ham actor with mustard on - clearly even worse at acting. Mustard goes well with ham when eaten so it is a suitable combination - mustard has a strong taste - also suitable.

< Previous | Next >