Hamishim

Locape

French
Hello!
This is the first time I'm posting on this forum, and I don't speak a word of hebrew, sorry! I'm currently watching the TV series "Hamishim" with French subtitles, about a woman who's 49 and writes a TV show about a woman turning 50. I'm wondering what the (very short) opening title means. She (we assume it's her) is writing on her computer a word in hebrew, then delates the last character and writes a new one, which means obviously "Fifty' (the subtitle are "Hamishim - Cinquante"): חמישים
חמישיפ What does it mean? (The characters are stylized a bit differently onscreen, but I think I got it right)

Thank you.

• Abaye

Hebrew
    Can you be more specific - which episode, what part of the episode. Briefing on episodes 1&2 in Youtube, I don't see this.

חמישיפ doesn't make sense (unless it's some pun in the context of this series). If it's חמישימ corrected to חמישים, then both are the same word "50", the former is a typo because letter מ when appearing at end of word should be written ם.

Added: פ and ם are one near the other on the Hebrew keyboard, so maybe they show a typical misclick corrected immediately.

Last edited:

GeriReshef

Hebrew
    <<Video file removed by moderator (Rule 4)>>

It seems as a "typo" : he makes a mistake and correct it.
    It doesn't have any meaning, nor seems to be as a beginning of another word.
    the letters ם & פ are in the same place as o & p in the keyboard, and it is normal to make this mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locape

French
    Can you be more specific - which episode, what part of the episode. Briefing on episodes 1&2 in Youtube, I don't see this.
    Yes, it just the title of the series appearing onscreen around 2 mn after the beginning of every episode.
    I thought it could be some pun, but it's just a typo then, thank you both for your answers! So the correct word means 'Fifty', hence 'Hamishim' in hebrew, from what I read online. Very good TV series, by the way. Thanks again!

Last edited: