hampers... and results in...

danielxu85

Mandarin Chinese
If I want to express the idea that government authorizes the register of charities or grant charities legal status, could I say "the admittance of charities"? If I hope to say "to delegate power to different organizations", could I say "functional distribution"? I think there are too many "and"s. Any other problem with this sentence?

Government still plays the leading role in charity, and this hampers the establishment and admittance of charitable organizations, and also results in unclear functional distribution and low efficiency.

• vachecow

USA English
    When I read this, at first, I thought you meant that the government gives money to charity.

Personally, I think you could just say that the government controls all charities.

danielxu85

Mandarin Chinese
    If I want to express the idea that government authorizes the register of charities or grant charities legal status, could I say "the admittance of charities"? If I hope to say "to delegate power to different organizations", could I say "functional distribution"? I think there are too many "and"s. Any other problem with this sentence?

GuitarMaestro

USA English
    Admittance doesn't work, and I don't know what you mean by functional distribution or low efficiency.

The government still plays a major role in regulating charities, and this hampers the establishment of charitable organizations.

After that, tell us what you are trying to express by: "unclear functional distribution and low efficiency."

< Previous | Next >