handwriting

TarisWerewolf

Canada (English)
I'm in the process of transcribing some Polish songs by hand, and I'm trying to copy out the lyrics from sources I find online. I'm wondering if anyone has any resources on handwriting Polish characters with diacritics (ę, ą and ł, to be specific). I don't need help typing them, but rather writing them as part of a joined string of cursive text. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

• GyörgyMS

German/Germany
    ł > l plus a simple dash above the "l".
    ą and ę > normal letters plus the tick of "ç" in written French.

tkekte

Russian/Israel
    No, we just posted at the same time, I didn't see your post when I was writing mine. :p "Dash" sounds def. better.

Polaquita

Poland / Polish
    Hello, here I'm sending you some of my very bad handwriting ;)
    The text I took from the article which you may find in internet (well I'm not allowed to post urls as I dont have 30 posts yet :)) in case you cannot read my handwriting ;)

I also made an effort and wrote it again trying my best (like I was tought at school) I think it looks much better.

Hope it helps, good luck!

Kaja

PS I had to zip both files as pdf was too large to attach it.
    PS 2 The article's name is "Chciałbyś być Szwedem?" published by Przekrój, just try to find it in the net.

Attachments

• better handwriting.zip
      94.5 KB · Views: 1,046

TarisWerewolf

Canada (English)
    Hello, here I'm sending you some of my very bad handwriting ;)
    The text I took from the article which you may find in internet (well I'm not allowed to post urls as I dont have 30 posts yet :)) in case you cannot read my handwriting ;)

Thank you so much for that. It helps immensely to see a native speaker's writing. Would I be correct in assuming, then, that the letters with ogonek are not joined to the following letters in a string?

Polaquita

Poland / Polish
    Hi, yes, something like that i guess. the "ogonek" will not be joined, but the other part of the letter may be joined i guess. I also think that each country has its different handwriting system, and if i look at American's handwriting it is different than Polish even if the same letters would be used.