handwriting

< Previous | Next >

TarisWerewolf

Canada (English)
I'm in the process of transcribing some Polish songs by hand, and I'm trying to copy out the lyrics from sources I find online. I'm wondering if anyone has any resources on handwriting Polish characters with diacritics (ę, ą and ł, to be specific). I don't need help typing them, but rather writing them as part of a joined string of cursive text. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

• GyörgyMS

German/Germany
    ł > l plus a simple dash above the "l".
    ą and ę > normal letters plus the tick of "ç" in written French.

tkekte

Russian/Israel
    No, we just posted at the same time, I didn't see your post when I was writing mine. :p "Dash" sounds def. better.

Polaquita

Poland / Polish
    Hello, here I'm sending you some of my very bad handwriting ;)
    The text I took from the article which you may find in internet (well I'm not allowed to post urls as I dont have 30 posts yet :)) in case you cannot read my handwriting ;)

I also made an effort and wrote it again trying my best (like I was tought at school) I think it looks much better.

Hope it helps, good luck!

Kaja

PS I had to zip both files as pdf was too large to attach it.
    PS 2 The article's name is "Chciałbyś być Szwedem?" published by Przekrój, just try to find it in the net.

Attachments

TarisWerewolf

Canada (English)
    Hello, here I'm sending you some of my very bad handwriting ;)
    The text I took from the article which you may find in internet (well I'm not allowed to post urls as I dont have 30 posts yet :)) in case you cannot read my handwriting ;)
    Thank you so much for that. It helps immensely to see a native speaker's writing. Would I be correct in assuming, then, that the letters with ogonek are not joined to the following letters in a string?

Polaquita

Poland / Polish
    Hi, yes, something like that i guess. the "ogonek" will not be joined, but the other part of the letter may be joined i guess. I also think that each country has its different handwriting system, and if i look at American's handwriting it is different than Polish even if the same letters would be used.

< Previous | Next >