has made ... <the method?> more diagnostically reliable.

carmen_85

Polish-English
Hello,

I am writing the conclusion of my paper work, and I was wondering, which sentence sounds more naturally:

In the author’s opinion, multislice spiral imaging has made CT examination of the ear easier and more diagnostically reliable.

OR

In the author’s opinion, multislice spiral imaging has made CT examination of the ear easier and the method more diagnostically reliable.

Is it obvious that the method phrase regards to computed tomography, or it's unnecessary in the sentence and the meaninig stays the same? Help me please, because I want it to sound as professional as I should :)

Tkanks in advance for your replies

Last edited:
  • wandle

English - British
    Neither sentence sounds quite right. I would say: '... an easier and more reliable diagnostic method'.

carmen_85

Polish-English
    So should it sound as follows:
    In the author’s opinion, multislice spiral imaging has made CT examination of the ear an easier and more reliable diagnostic method' ???

wandle

English - British
    Yes, unless you prefer: '...of the ear easier and a more reliable diagnostic method'.

This alternative keeps separate (a) the ease of use and (b) the reliability as a diagnostic method.

< Previous | Next >