Has there been a change in Word Reference?

< Previous | Next >

wordeelee

English
[This thread has been moved from the English Only forum, where it was originally posted. DonnyB - moderator]
Before when I looked up a word any word in the definition, translation, example sentences.... where available as links to get the translation/definition of that word. You just clicked on them and off you went. Not now. I use this alot because the word I type is rarely the root word and the definition is given as the root word and I have to click the root words so I can get the audio and or the IPA to the root word. Plus its useful when I don't know a word in the example sentences.

Also there use to be a list of the last ten or so words you looked up on the left column, which was helpful to me. I used it sort of like a flashcard box.

Does anyone know what happened?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • mkellogg

Administrator
    English - US
    Hi,

Can you give an example link of a non-root word that you looked up?

Also, I still have the list of recent searches in the left column. You should, too (as long as you are not blocking or clearing the cookies and other site data).

wordeelee

English
    Everything is back to normal now, even issues I hadn't mentioned are working now.

About a week and a half ago I overload my hard drive and after that all the tabs I had open became stuck, but I didn't think that was the problem because I just highlighted the internet address and pressed enter and the websites worked fine after that. So when I did that with this website which I had open as a tab when I overloaded my hard drive, it worked so I didn't think it was that. I still don't because I did a software update and rebooted the computer and now its working fine, so who know what it was. Thanks for trying to help.

< Previous | Next >