Hasta mañana = See you tomorrow / Until tomorrow?

TRANSLATORGURL

English and Spanish
Hello Everyone!
I have a quick but urgent question...
Im translating a phraseology for room service in a hotel so from spanish to english, so since the person will be going daliy to the room he has to say: "Hasta mañana" But when translating it, "See you tomorrow" seems too informal for me and "Until tomorrow" sounds too mecanic.
Any suggestions?

• Iropan

Spanish - Spain
    Im translating an idiom for room service in a hotel

I would recommend to not translate and just grab another phrase from English that has an equivalent value. How about "Have a nice day/have a nice evening" for example?

SolAguila

Bengali-India
    But what's wrong with see you tomorrow?... have a nice day/evening = que tenga/s buen/a día/tarde.
    Both are same though.

Iropan

Spanish - Spain
    Her point, and I agree, was that "see you tomorrow" is a bit too familiar coming from a hotel employee.

TRANSLATORGURL

English and Spanish
    Thank you Iropan!
    As a matter of fact, it is the phraseology for the room service department of an hotel. Meaning: a set of phrases used by a particular group of people.
    I believe I may have not explained my self well. My mistake, I apologize. The whole phrase that person from room service has to say is:
    "Hasta mañana, que tenga un buen día"
    That why I need options for "Hasta mañana"

But I appreciate your quick reply!
    Have a nice day!

Iropan

Spanish - Spain
    Thank you Iropan!
    As a matter of fact, it is the phraseology for the room service department of an hotel. Meaning: a set of phrases used by a particular group of people.
    I believe I may have not explained my self well. My mistake, I apologize. The whole phrase that person from room service has to say is:
    "Hasta mañana, que tenga un buen día"
    That why I need options for "Hasta mañana"

But I appreciate your quick reply!
    Have a nice day!
    Yes, phraseology is what you just said, but when you refer to an individual unit, it's called a phraseme (or idiom). You said "I'm translating a phraseology for room service", which in this case would be incorrect.

I understand the original phrase in Spanish has two parts, but maybe you don't have to be strict about that. A good old fashioned "Have a nice day" or "Have a good night" or similar should do nicely.

< Previous | Next >