Have a strong opinion about something

< Previous | Next >

Argos77

Colombia-Español
Hi guys,

Wha does the expression "have a strong opinion about something" mean? Please, If you can, provide an example of its use. Thank you very much.

• Irelia20150604

Chinese
    Hello Argos. Here are some examples in context: "a strong opinion about". If you find a particular example that you want to discuss, post it here, and we can have a chat about it.
    :eek: Oh, I just what to know the meaning of "strong about" here.

The quotations from the link:
    McDowell spoke with Mark Snyder of the Detroit Free Press at the Spartan’s media day on Monday and had a strong opinion about leaving school a year early for the draft. He said that he would rather return for his final season of eligibility than be just a top ten pick.

“Top 10 ain’t good enough for me,” McDowell said. “I ain’t leaving if I’m (only) top 10...

pob14

American English
    :eek: Oh, I just what to know the meaning of "strong about" here.

The quotations from the link:
    McDowell spoke with Mark Snyder of the Detroit Free Press at the Spartan’s media day on Monday and had a strong opinion about leaving school a year early for the draft. He said that he would rather return for his final season of eligibility than be just a top ten pick.

“Top 10 ain’t good enough for me,” McDowell said. “I ain’t leaving if I’m (only) top 10...
    It's not "strong about."

A strong opinion is one that is firmly held, deeply believed.

An opinion is "about" something. In your example, it's about (relating to) leaving school and trying to become a professional football player.

< Previous | Next >