Have been/ had/have learned?

Chloe9381

Chinese
X is the place where I have been learning/ had learned/ have learned how to be a blessing.

what exactly the difference between that 3 sentences?

• Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    X is the place where I have been learning how to be a blessing = The lesson has been happening in the recent past, and may even be continuing right now.
    X is the place where I had learned how to be a blessing = That happened longer ago than the more recent things I've just been telling you about.
    X is the place where I have learned how to be a blessing = The lesson has been happening in the recent past, but now it's over, I've learnt my lesson.

Chloe9381

Chinese
    It would help if you chose a new sentence. It is not possible to "learn to be a blessing". :)
    (Crossposted)
    I mean from be a blessing is like this story

"Deborah Falcao has a longing to use her life to serve God. In this way she can be a blessing to those that she comes into contact with in her life.Deborah Falcao has a longing to use her life to serve God. In this way she can be a blessing to those that she comes into contact with in her life"

What the correct or more natural sentences if what I mean to be a blessing is like this story.

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Unfortunately, "a blessing" is not something you can "learn to be". A blessing, in this sense, is a great help and/or comfort [to/for someone.]
    You either are a blessing to someone, or you are not. And the other difficulty is that you must be a blessing to someone.

This washing machine is a blessing [to me]! Before I had it, I spent hours washing clothes. Now it is done automatically!
    I mean from be a blessing is like this story

"Deborah Falcao has a longing to use her life to serve God. In this way she can be a blessing to those that she comes into contact with in her life.Deborah Falcao has a longing to use her life to serve God. In this way she can be a blessing to those that she comes into contact with in her life"
    That is a bad example of a "blessing": it is hard to see, if she only serves God, how she is a great help and/or comfort [to/for someone.] If she wants to be a "blessing to those that she comes into contact with in her life", she really needs to help people in a real way.

"I am not well and my daughter lives 20Km away, but every morning she comes and makes me a meal and then, in the evening she returns with all of my shopping. She is a real blessing [to me]!"

In this way, .........she can be.. [a blessing {to those that she comes into contact with in her life}.]
    Adverbial phrase...S....verb.....[...noun...]..{.........................adjectival phrase.......................}.]
    ............................................[........................................noun clause as complement.............]

< Previous | Next >