have dinner or have party or have someone else

Leon yang

Chinese
I want to describe some people(5~10) eat together in a restaurant or at home happily. If i say we enjoy having dinner, maybe it's too easy to show the meaning. But if i say we enjoy having party, maybe it's too exaggerated since we don't sing or dance.
So any idea about this?

Thanks
Leon

• Cypherpunk

US, English
    You could say you got together with friends and had a good time. Neither of these phrases mean you had dinner, but they are both used to say you enjoyed the time you spent with friends.

Copyright

American English
    One thought if it's not a special occasion, but just a nice, warm experience: "... having an enjoyable family dinner." Or, "... having an enjoyable family dinner together." I'm aware that "together" sounds a little redundant, but we use it anyway for a little emphasis.

Leon yang

Chinese
    You could say you got together with friends and had a good time. Neither of these phrases mean you had dinner, but they are both used to say you enjoyed the time you spent with friends.
    Maybe, i say i got together with my friends in a restaurant and had a good time is a good sentence.
    Thanks all.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >