GS.

China Chinese
This is the last sentence of a technical book 's preface. it bewildered me,
what does the author want to say?

Thanks

• Moogey

USA English
    Hi GS. and welcome to the forum!

Maybe, "have fun and live life to the fullest".

I suppose it can have alternate meanings depending on the topic of the book. You would have to elaborate a bit for us to be sure.

-M

GS.

China Chinese
    Thanks
    The book is about the Standard Template Library of C++ programming Language, one of the world's most popular computer programming Languages.

Moogey

USA English
    Ah, yes, I am familiar with C++ and have studied it (and am still studying it) myself. Maybe he was just saying it as a side note that was not related to the content and subject of the book. This doesn't relate to C++ at all.

-M

ireney

Modistra
    Greek Greece Mod of Greek, CC and CD
    I'd say it's a "make sure you don't live your life as a computer program" meaning be wild, unpredictable. That's how I would interpret it anyway but that maybe just because such a reading suits me ;)

GS.

China Chinese
    thanks for your explanation, and it is intersting that you know C++ too, well, i am a C++ fans, i usually read C++ books but often hampered by the English explanation of the Book(of course, English books), Maybe we can share views about C++ Language as well as English Language:)

Moogey

USA English
    Actually I agree with ireney now, I didn't think of it but it makes plenty of sense.

C++ has been out since the 70's, they don't have books for it in Chinese? Well, I guess it helps you learn English by studying in in English.

Maybe we can share our views of C++, but not on this forum :) This only covers spoken languages :D

-M

< Previous | Next >