have not come yet / have not yet to come

Ed2216698

Chinese
"have not come yet" and "have not yet to come "

do they have the same meaning? or is there any difference in their useage?

thank you:)

• boozer

Bulgarian
    First of all, Ed, you are supposed to give full sentences in context, not just fragments, some of which appear to be ungrammatical. :)

Ed2216698

Chinese
    thank you,
    ok, for example 'the train has not come yet', it is very easy to understand, but if i want to express the same meaning, i am not sure to say 'the train has not yet to come' or 'the train is yet to come'

boozer

Bulgarian
    The train has not come yet - this one is good.The train has not yet come - this one too.The train is yet to come - means the the same as the other two, but sounds somewhat more dramatic :) In the first two, we just note the fact that the train is not here. In this one, we seem to know that eventually it will come... Or maybe the train is late. Usually, this construction adds dramatic effect when telling a story, e.g. By 1941 the War had already begun, but the worst was yet to come...PS. And, Ed, you should punctuate your sentences properly, use capital letters at the beginning of a sentence and, by all means, always use capital "I" when talking about yourself. Of course, I should do the same, but the software simply jumbles up my paragraphs for some uncanny reason :)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >