haven't spoken a language in a very long time

arifle

French
I want to tell, in an interview, the committee that I have not spoken English for almost one year.
What I am not sure is the way I speak. I want it to be a way more natural. I have got some but don't know which one is better.
If all are not good, please recommend one. Thank you, guys.

1. I have not spoken English for a long time.
2. Last time I speak English was about 1 year ago.
3. It s been a long time I didn't speak English.

• sdgraham

USA English
    I want to tell, in an interview, the committee that I have not spoken English for almost one year.:tick::tick:
    What I am not sure is the way I speak. I want it to be a way more natural. I have got some but don't know which one is better.

I pick the one checked above. :):)

arifle

French
    I pick the one checked above. :):)
    Thanks, sdgraham. Suppose that you never seen my post. What will you answer in this case if it comes to you. I mean if you are with an international interview. For exmaple, it is a French company.

TheTuninator

English - USA
    I want to tell, in an interview, the committee that I have not spoken English for almost one year.

I agree with sdgraham! To give some further context, 1 is completely natural exactly as you have written it, while 2 and 3 need some changes to sound natural. 2 could be changed to "The last time I spoke English was about 1 year ago", while 3 could be changed to "It's been a long time since I spoke English".

arifle

French
    I agree with sdgraham! To give some further context, 1 is completely natural exactly as you have written it, while 2 and 3 need some changes to sound natural. 2 could be changed to "The last time I spoke English was about 1 year ago", while 3 could be changed to "It's been a long time since I spoke English".
    Great! Thank you.

< Previous | Next >