<Having> your face on a jar of barbecue sauce

emre aydın

Turkish
Two famous singers chatting:

+ Next, are you gonna tell me that you want your own barbecue sauce, like me?
- What's that like? Having your face on a jar of barbecue sauce? Have you ever even tasted it?

(Nashville)

I want to ask a question about the part "having your face on a jar of barbecue sauce".

Does it mean that the singer himself got those jars produced? Or does it only describe a situation as in "his face being on a jar"?

Thanks for your help.

• heypresto

English - England
    The first speaker either owns a company that produces barbecue sauce, or is paid by a barbecue sauce producer to use his or her name on their product. I suspect it's the former.

Either way, the jars of sauce carry a picture of the first speaker's face. Perhaps something similar to this:

emre aydın

Turkish
    Thank you heypresto. What I want to understand is if "having" implies that he got these jars produced or it only describes the situation (his picture being on the jar).

heypresto

English - England
    'Having', on its own, only implies that his face is on the jars. It's "are you gonna tell me that you want your own barbecue sauce, like me?" which tells us that he has produced these jars, or that he's been paid to endorse another company's product.

< Previous | Next >