haze and/or smog?

halbert

Mandarin Chinese, Shanghai Dialect
We are now paying closer attention to air pollution problems, one of which is haze/smog.Air Quality Guide for PM2.5Here goes my question: what's the difference between haze and smog?Dictionaries tell me that they are both composed of smoke and fog and dust things in dry air. What will weather forecast say often when PM2.5 is high and the aire is not healthy for outdoor activities?

• natkretep

Moderato con anima (English Only)
    English (Singapore/UK), basic Chinese
    The slash-and-burn method of clearing land near where I am means that we are faced with pollutants in the air sometimes. The press and the media generally talk about haze, and occasionally someone will say we should really be talking about smog. In fact the website address for the government agency focussed on the issue is www.haze.gov.sg and the heading is:
    HAZE SITUATION UPDATE (4 NOVEMBER)

Last edited:

halbert

Mandarin Chinese, Shanghai Dialect
    Thank you, pal!

The slash-and-burn method of clearing land near where I am means that we are faced with pollutants in the air sometimes. The press and the media generally talk about haze, and occasionally someone will say we should really be talking about smog. In fact the website address for the government agency focussed on the issue is www.haze.gov.sg and the heading is:

< Previous | Next >