Hazme una llamada perdida

Cecilio

Spanish, Valencian/Catalan
Hello!

How can we say this in English?: "Hazme una llamada perdida". The context is: A friend of mine is going to pick me up at my place, so I tell him to ring me when he arrives, so that I know he is in front of my house waiting. I see the call, but I needn't answer it. I just go out and meet him.

• SVLowe

English, England
    You would either say 'give me a missed call', or 'prank me' (more common, but slang)
    Hope this helps!

Katey

English - US
    SVLowe said:
    You would either say 'give me a missed call', or 'prank me' (more common, but slang)
    Hope this helps!

I've never heard either phrase in that context. Maybe someone else in the U.S. has. I'd be curious to know. I don't know of a phrase that works.

Kate

Cracker Jack

I agree with SVLowe. I often hear that phrase "Give me a missed call." Another way of saying is "Call me. I won't pick up." This is to signify that the one requesting would like a miss call either to check the ring tone or for other reasons.

sarita_em

Spanish
    Yo ya se lo pregunté a mis amigos aquí (England) y es PRANK. Prank me, I´ll prank you... :) Es slang... pero si estás hablando con un amigo, obviamente usas slang!!! E incluso en el ámbito familiar y todo... así que... yo creo que está mejor decir prank me que give me a missed call... porque lo segundo suena super... largo!!!

Prank me es como decir: Dame un toque!