he <had> demanded / was demanding

Minhaz.esmail

Bengali
Now is February. In the January month many football club offered to buy a footballer but he rejected them all because they weren't willing to pay him the money he was demanding.

Which one is the right way to say this -

1.He rejected them because they weren't willing to pay him $100k a week, which he had demanded .

2.He rejected them because they weren't willing to pay him $100k a week, which he demanded.

3. He rejected them because they weren't willing to pay him $100k a week, which he was demanding.

[[He is a footballer and now playing for a football club where he gets paid $100k a week, but other clubs are were intrested to sign him for their club but weren't willing to pay the same money he is getting from him current club]]

Which one is correct?

Last edited:
  • Minhaz.esmail

Bengali
    Which one do you think is correct, Minhaz.esmail? We can help you better if we understand your thinking.
    Now is February. In the January month many football club offered to buy a footballer but he rejected them all because they weren't willing to pay him the money he was demanding.

Which one is the right way to say this -

1.He rejected them because they weren't willing to pay him $100k a week, which he had demanded .

2.He rejected them because they weren't willing to pay him $100k a week, which he demanded.

3. He rejected them because they weren't willing to pay him $100k a week, which he was demanding.

[[He is a footballer and now playing for a football club where he gets paid $100k a week, but other clubs are were intrested to sign him for their club but weren't willing to pay the same money he is getting from him current club]]

Which one is correct?

Sorry for the mistakes!

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    As far as I can tell, you've simply posted the same thing over again, without answering my question. Which of your three versions do you think is correct, and why?

Minhaz.esmail

Bengali
    As far as I can tell, you've simply posted the same thing over again, without answering my question. Which of your three versions do you think is correct, and why?
    I don't know which one is right. What i am asking is, should use the simple past or the past perfect or the past continuous in the end. [[Which he had demanded or which he demanded or which he was demanding]]??

Context : Now is February. In the January month many football club offered to buy a footballer but he rejected them all because they weren't willing to pay him the money he was demanding.

<-----Information from now-deleted duplicate thread added below by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >