He has worked in China for 15 years

Pacoman18

British English
Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure how to say "He has worked in China for 15 years". However, I think that you must use the word 从, but I am unsure how one could use it. If anyone could help with this sentence that would be great.

Thanks in advance

• DernierVirage

English - United Kingdom
    他在中国工作了15年了and 他在中国已经工作15年了 - I would read these two sentences as meaning that he is still working in China, whereas for me 他在中国已经工作了15年 implies that he is no longer working there.

Is this the correct interpretation?

DernierVirage

English - United Kingdom
    u are right,the two sentences a little different,but when u say it to chinese people,both alright
    Thanks, your comment is interesting - do you mean that if I said simply 他在中国工作了15年了 or 他在中国工作了15年 that you would not automatically notice the difference between them unless more context is given (for example, 他在中国工作了15年,但是他现在住在英国)?

Thanks, your comment is interesting - do you mean that if I said simply 他在中国工作了15年了 or 他在中国工作了15年 that you would not automatically notice the difference between them unless more context is given (for example,他在中国工作了15年 ,但是他现在住在英国)?
    if i hear it,i would noticed the ‘15 year’,while not where he live。anyway,‘他在中国工作了15年’imply that he nolonger live in china。
    他在中国工作15年了,he still live in china。。。sorry for my less rigorous explains

BODYholic

Chinese Cantonese
    他在中国已经工作了15年 implies that he is no longer working there.

Is this the correct interpretation?
    No this is incorrect. It just means that he has been working in China for 15 years.

"他(经)在中国工作了15年" - He'd ever worked in China for 15 years. This also implies that he is no longer working there.

< Previous | Next >