He makes a game out of everything

< Previous | Next >

Nucleara

Hello,

I took it from a book, but couldn't remember all the words. The context is something like, a boy is talking about his best friend who is a chubby and funny kid, and says that 'He makes a game out of everything.'

Does it mean that his friend, the funny boy, always plays a joke about everything, makes everything funny to keep others cheerful or something?

Thank you.

• JustKate

It is usually negative, though not always. It doesn't sound as though it's negative in the example you cite, Nucleara, but of course it's difficult to tell from just a couple of sentences.

Wordnip

British English
    Is it in a positive or negative way?
    Thank you.
    I think, if anything, it means in a positive way. He is 'light-hearted' and has a cheerful disposition. Of course, sometimes this can be irritating for others because there are occasions when one is expected to take things seriously and not act in a flippant manner.

All this, of course, is making an assumption about exactly what was meant by the phrase.

Nucleara

I think, if anything, it means in a positive way. He is 'light-hearted' and has a cheerful disposition. Of course, sometimes this can be irritating for others because there are occasions when one is expected to take things seriously and not act in a flippant manner.

All this, of course, is making an assumption about exactly what was meant by the phrase.
    Thank you wordnip :)

< Previous | Next >