He pressed a sticker on his trunk.

• Imber Ranae

English - USA
    "Sticker" is the only name for the object in question that I can think of. I suppose "adhesive label" is another, but that sounds too technical. If you're talking about motor vehicles you might be more specific and say "bumper sticker."

Does that answer your question?

jesusguime

Banned
    Chinese
    "Sticker" is the only name for the object in question that I can think of. I suppose "adhesive label" is another, but that sounds too technical. If you're talking about motor vehicles you might be more specific and say "bumper sticker."

Does that answer your question?
    Thanks, Imber, for the help.

Btw, is it right to call those stickers that are attached to clothes "clothes stickers?"

sdgraham

USA English
    The WRD calls them "gummed labels."

A long time ago, we had "decals," which was short for decalcomania which were moistened and the partially transparent printed portion slid off onto glass or some other surface.

Newer technology has more or less replaced decals with what we usually call "stickers."

Imber Ranae

English - USA
    I've never encountered the term "clothes stickers", no. If you mean the stickers that have one's name on them, as used at business conventions and such, those are usually just called "name tags" or more specifically "sticky name tags". Where I'm from these are the only kind of stickers put on clothes.

< Previous | Next >