he sometimes uses when necessary Terence check

WeAreVietnamese

Vietnamese
could everyone tell me if you had heard( or seen) this sentence before : Before calling the taxis station he somtimes uses when necessary Terence check to make sure his car battery was truly dead
From my perspective i think that Terence check is an object. But the question is: How can when neccessary can stand between vern and object??
I know english is very flexible and fluid and my question is totally stupid. But i still think that it is very weird

Last edited:
  • MrMuselk

English - South East England
    You might need to clear up the text, I can’t read it well.

Before calling the taxis station he somtimes uses when necessary Terence check to make sure his car battery was truly dead

MrMuselk

English - South East England
    Actually, I got it. Terence (a person, not an object) had to check if his car battery was dead. If his car battery was dead (didn’t work), he had to call a taxi station so as to be able to use transport, because his car couldn’t work without the battery.

Hermione Golightly

British English
    The person 'Terence' is the subject of the main clause. I would place a comma after the participle opening phrase - 'Before calling a taxi , ...'.

Loob

English UK
    Actually, assuming that this is your source: 250 câu HỢP NGHĨA, the original sentence was
    Before calling the taxi station he sometimes uses when necessary _____,
    _____Terence checked to make sure his car battery was truly dead.

So
    - the original sentence was OK
    - the errors were caused by mistakes in copying:(.

WeAreVietnamese

Vietnamese
    Actually, assuming that this is your source: 250 câu HỢP NGHĨA, the original sentence was
    Before calling the taxi station he sometimes uses when necessary _____,
    _____Terence checked to make sure his car battery was truly dead.

So
    - the original sentence was OK
    - the errors were caused by mistakes in copying:(.
    oh i don't know that the journalists take the sources from that web

< Previous | Next >