He tosses her a card with the number of a plastic surgeon

flowersophy

Chinese-China
Hi,

I am confused about the sentence"Then he tosses her a card with the number of a plastic surgeon." Why does he toss her such a card? To show his anger? What's the intention of his action? It is from a movie review about The Bag Man:

But he is also avicious sociopath and a financial scoundrel who specializes in currencyspeculation. In an early scene, he smashes the face of his daughter, who, whilefilling in for an assistant, accidentally pressed the “send” button on her computer,losing Daddy a bundle. Then he tosses her a card with the number of a plasticsurgeon.

Thank you!

• perpend

Banned
    American English
    Well, he seems an impatient man, but since he did smash the face of his daughter, he might feel slightly guilty, so he gives (tosses) her the business card of a plastic surgeon, so she can make an appointment to get her smashed face fixed. (I wish there were an emoticon for that, but I can't find one.)

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    He is a sociopath, which means he has no emotional understanding of people. He hits his daughter, and then instead of saying he's sorry, giving her first aid, or taking her to the doctor's, he tosses (= casually throws) her a business card!

< Previous | Next >