he was courageous

soleil-sol

English-American
Hello I tried so tell someone that he was courageous in Spanish. I assumed it was corajudo. See puede decir corrajudo por courageous. I believe corajudo has a negative meaning too it describes someone that is angry. I don't necessarily want to use the word valiente.
Thank you,
soleil-sol

• jsvillar

Spanish - Spain
    (In Spain, and maybe specifically for the south of Spain)
    If something gives you 'coraje' it makes you mad, so you become 'encorajinado', which means 'mad': '¡Qué coraje me da!' or 'Está todo encorajinado'.
    For me 'corajudo' was an old way of saying 'courageous' but RAE also says it means angry. I would recommend 'valiente', but you can check the synonims part of WR dictionary: valiente - sinónimos y antónimos - WordReference.com

Ferrol

Spanish.España
    (In Spain, and maybe specifically for the south of Spain)
    If something gives you 'coraje' it makes you mad, so you become 'encorajinado', which means 'mad': '¡Qué coraje me da!' or 'Está todo encorajinado'.
    For me 'corajudo' was an old way of saying 'courageous' but RAE also says it means angry. I would recommend 'valiente', but you can check the synonims part of WR dictionary: valiente - sinónimos y antónimos - WordReference.com
    No solo en el sur.Aunque creo en desuso, tampoco es extraño ese sentido en el norte.Recuerdo a mi abuela diciendo : "me da un coraje" (it makes me feel so angry)
    But much water has flowed under the bridge since then:(.

< Previous | Next >