He was never awarded the literature Nobel Prize

Artrella

Banned
BA
Spanish-Argentina
Is this sentence correct?

"Borges is often held up as an example of the best writers in the world, although he was never awarded the Literature Nobel Prize"

• lercarafridi

Spain, Spanish
    Artrella said:
    Is this sentence correct?

"Borges is often held up as an example of the best writers in the world, although he was never awarded the Literature Nobel Prize"
    It appears to be no problem as far as I know. :)

dave

UK - English
    Borges is often help up as an example of one of the best writers in the world / as an examnple of one of the world's great writers, although he was never awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    dave said:
    Borges is often help up as an example of one of the best writers in the world / as an examnple of one of the world's great writers, although he was never awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature

Great! Thx Dave!

lercarafridi

Spain, Spanish
    dave said:
    Are you sure about these words in bold type, Dave?
    :)

lercarafridi

Spain, Spanish
    Artrella said:
    Lercarafridiiii!!! It's understoodt whath Garry hasd sayd!!!! Art :p :p
    I was not asking whether it was understood or not. I assume we all understand what is written around. Yet I believe spelling should be handled carefully. Are you mad at me? Why? :)

dave

UK - English
    Yes lercafridi, it was a typo. Many apologies for not being the world's most accomplished typist. However I felt that a prompt (and therefore rather hastily typed) response was needed so that Art was not left with the impression that her sentence was correct. ;) I'm sure you will find plenty more typos among my posts should you care to look.

Artrella

Banned
    BA
    Spanish-Argentina
    lercarafridi said:
    I was not asking whether it was understood or not. I assume we all understand what is written around. Yet I believe spelling should be handled carefully. Are you mad at me? Why? :)

Nooo Lercarafridi! I was just kidding!!! Sorry if I gave that impression to you!!!! Friends??? Bye Art :p :p

lercarafridi

Spain, Spanish
    dave said:
    Yes lercafridi, it was a typo. Many apologies for not being the world's most accomplished typist. However I felt that a prompt (and therefore rather hastily typed) response was needed so that Art was not left with the impression that her sentence was correct. ;) I'm sure you will find plenty more typos among my posts should you care to look.
    You do not need apologise for not pressing your keyboard accurately (neither do I). I suppose I read your signature and felt obliged to warn you (does this sound too harsh?). Anyway, I do look hard at any post –not looking for typos intentionally- because I am very keen on these forums and love to read and learn. By the way, I am very interested in this in particular. Thanks. :)

lercarafridi

Spain, Spanish
    Artrella said:
    Nooo Lercarafridi! I was just kidding!!! Sorry if I gave that impression to you!!!! Friends??? Bye Art :p :p
    Ok, I may have gotten you wrong. I thought you were misspelling on purpose to arouse my temper or to mock me. Anyway, let us forget it. Friends? Of course. I feel flattered. Thanks :) :p

< Previous | Next >