he writing technique used in the book allows the readers to get to know the characters in the book in a natural way

Anne-I

Norway, Norwegian
Hi!
I am writing an essay about a book in french, and I would like to say that the writing technique used in the book allows the readers to get to know the characters in the book in a natural way. This is what I've got, but it doesn't look right to me:
"L’auteur utilise la technique littéraire du flux de conscience, qui permet les lecteurs d’apprendre à connaître tous les personnages dans le livre d’une façon naturelle."

Thank you :)

• tilt

French French
    Hi!
    I am writing an essay about a book in french, and I would like to say that the writing technique used in the book allows the readers to get to know the characters in the book in a natural way. This is what I've got, but it doesn't look right to me:
    "L’auteur utilise la technique littéraire du flux de conscience, qui permet les lecteurs d’apprendre à connaître tous les personnages dans le livre d’une façon naturelle."

Thank you :)
    Hello Anne-I, welcome to the WR forums.

Grammatically, your sentence almost perfect, but as you guessed, there's a problem with permettre (to allow someone is permettre à quelqu'un in French):
    L’auteur utilise la technique littéraire du flux de conscience, qui permet aux lecteurs d’apprendre à connaître tous les personnages dans le livre d’une façon naturelle.

That said, it would be even more natural to say les personnages du livre.

< Previous | Next >