head alignment

intokaos

Español
Hello everybody!, I am translating this and I find it hard to understand the meaning of "head alignment" here:

And in doing so,
when you're working with teams across the globe, getting everyone to buy in and agree is really hard.And this process, for me, has been really amazing. Because we've head alignment for everybody across the globethroughout the process.

Thank you in advance

• Glenfarclas

English (American)
    To me it looks like a typo ("head" for "had," though I would have expected "had alignment from everybody"), but I suppose it could just be an example of particularly abstruse business-speak.

sandpiperlily

It means that all team members' heads are aligned: that is, pointing in the same direction, agreeing on what has to be done.
    I agree that this is what the phrase sometimes means, but in this context the sentence makes no sense if that's the meaning. "We've head alignment" .... :confused:

Edited to add: maybe if the source is British it would make sense as "we've = we have" --> "we have head alignment."

In the US, "we've X" would be followed by a verb, but we wouldn't use "we've" as a contraction for the possessive. Hope that makes sense.

Glenfarclas

English (American)
    Edited to add: maybe if the source is British it would make sense as "we've = we have" --> "we have head alignment."

In the US, "we've X" would be followed by a verb, but we wouldn't use "we've" as a contraction for the possessive. Hope that makes sense.

That's a good point, which I forgot to make above. Or, to put it another way, if the source is American then there's *certainly* a typo somewhere, because we don't use "we've" that way.

< Previous | Next >