heart disease burden/heart disease's burden

cigogne

Persian
Hi,

Shall I say "heart disease burden" or "heart disease's burden" or both are correct?

Thank you!

• morior_invictus

Slovak
    You're saying that "heart disease has a burden to bear"

That just doesn't work, as far as I can see.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Mortality can be an example of the burden of heart disease.
    Mortality is in my opinion rather an indicator of a burden than a burden itself.
    So "...of the ischemic heart disease('s) burden." would not be correct since it is the population that bears a burden (an ischemic heart disease and its impact on population health), not an ischemic heart disease. The bigger the burden the bigger the impact of the ischemic heart disease (the population loses more years of life, etc.) on health.
    "heart disease's burden" would mean that a heart disease possesses a burden.
    My burden is, for instance, a compulsion to answer the questions asking about things I have very little knowledge of. :)

Edinburgher

German/English bilingual
    My burden is, for instance, a compulsion to answer the questions asking about things I have very little knowledge of. :)
    Close, but no cigar.
    A burden is always the sufferer's. You at least derive a modicum of pleasure from your compulsion, so you are not the one suffering. So really, your compulsion is our burden. :D

< Previous | Next >