Hebrew/Greek: My soul loves you Lord

rapturedone

philippines (tagalog) and u.s. (english)
Hello,

We're looking for a translation to "my soul loves you Lord" as a translation from English to Hebrew and Greek to be considered as a baby's name. My preference is the form of Hebrew and Greek used during Biblical times but am not opposed to current translations.

I requested the translation on a couple other links but the translation was given using that languages form of alphabet, which I could not read. If it's possible to give the translation using the English alphabet, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris

• rapturedone

philippines (tagalog) and u.s. (english)
    We don't know what the sex is yet? Both versions would be great.

However, I am specifically looking for the translation to "my soul loves you Lord" with Lord = God/Jesus Christ. That is the direction of the name that I'm going for.

Thanks again.

Eddie

USA - English
    Hello again, Rapturedone!

What you're looking for is a transliteration, not a translation.
    A transliteration is using the letters of the Roman alphabet to reprresent the sounds of a foreign language, in this case Hebrew or Greek.

As I pointed out, Hebrew first names are gender specific. But since you are looking for the transliteration of a sentence as a name, gender is bypassed, and the name can be applied to either a boy or a girl.

Here's the transliteration of the Hebrew for My soul loves You, Lord.

Nafshee-ahayvha-yaveh:
    nafshee = my soul
    ahayvha = loves you
    yahveh = Lord (Jehovah)

For the Greek version, the transliteration is much longer:

Ipsiheemu-igapeekensay-keeryay

If you have any further questions or requests, don't hesitate to let me know.

utopia

Israel, Hebrew
    maybe as a name it's NAFSHIYA (there is such a name in Hebrew) but I don't think it's a well beloved name, it's quite anachronistic and ugly! (BTW it's a girl's name here)

< Previous | Next >