Help identify handwritten text (possibly Bulgarian cyrilic)

kelt

Czech Republic, Czech
Hi there,

can someone help me decipher the written text on the back of a photograph please? I think it's written Bulgarian cyrilic perhaps combined with the latin script. Not neccessarily the Bulgarian language though.

back_detail.jpg

The picture depicts a soldier in a uniform from around the 1900s. He should be my ancestor Michal Petro. Most probably born in Slovakia before 1880 when it was the Hungarian part of the Austro-Hungarian empire. Via the A-H army he went on to Bulgaria around the turn of the century where he probably made a career close to the court of Ferdinand I of Bulgaria (my conjecture based on known facts).
The handwritten text on the back may shed more light on the scarce info I have about him. Also the signature below on the frontside looks wierd, perhaps Petrov rather than Petro, which is the form used by his descendants in Slovakia & Czechia.

Any help is welcome.

Thank you and stay safe!
front_detail2.jpg

• konb

russian - russia
    Hi, the inscription says:

мартратъ отъ
    войната 1912.н.13 за
    споменъ отъ твойъ
    братъ.

This probably means "The martyr of war. 1912/11/13. remembrance from your brother", but we better wait for someone who actually knows Bulgarian.

The name on the front side is indeed М. Петров, which is a traditional Bulgarian family name (but could also be a patronymic).

konb

russian - russia
    The first word is "портрет".
    So, a portrait from the war, 1912 year, 13. A souvenir from you brother.
    Thank you very much, indeed it was a silly mistake of mine, to confuse an elementary 'portrait' with something that is barely even a word .

Could you explain the way the date is written? What is the character after 1912? I thought it could be an 'н' for November, is that possible?

DarkChild

Bulgarian
    Thank you very much, indeed it was a silly mistake of mine, to confuse an elementary 'portrait' with something that is barely even a word .

Could you explain the way the date is written? What is the character after 1912? I thought it could be an 'н' for November, is that possible?
    It's possible but it's unclear. On the front it says VIII 1913.
    Also, I'm not sure about his name as that's illegible too.