Help request about a Medieval Greek passage

greeksources

Turkish
Hello, I am having a hard time translating the paragraph below. It is a court record from the 17th century. I would appreciate any help.

"Επειδή η Άννα απελευθέρα παραστάσα επί συνόδου, εφάνη περιπεσούσα ανακεκαλυμμένη μοιχεία άνδρα γάρ έχουσα Κανάκην ονόματι πρό του έκσπασθηναι αυτου, κλινήρους και παραλύτου τυγχάνοντας έλαβε διά καπινίου έτερον, παρανόμος αυτω συνοικούσα, προσενεχθείς ουν άνηρ αυτης δι'έπιταγης ημετέρας φοράδην εν κραββάτω, ημιθανής και ζών νεκρός, και ερωτηθείς παρ'ημων απήντησε παραιτούμενος αποδιοπομπούμενος αύτης την συνοίκησιν."

Καπινιο- is used for an illegal/clandestine marriage.

Thank you very much in advance! (Apologies for the accents)

• sotos

Greek
    Because Anna appeared as single in front of a synod, she was found committing a covered adultery as she had a husband named Kanakis before she separates from him, who was bed-ridden and paralysed, [and] she took another man with kapinion, illegally living with him, so with our orders the man [husband] was brought [here] on a bed, half-alive and a living dead, and questioned by us he replied that he resigns and dissolves the co-habitation with her.

Kapinio was also a kind of a pre-marriage donation.

greeksources

Turkish
    Because Anna appeared as single in front of a synod, she was found committing a covered adultery as she had a husband named Kanakis before she separates from him, who was bed-ridden and paralysed, [and] she took another man with kapinion, illegally living with him, so with our orders the man [husband] was brought [here] on a bed, half-alive and a living dead, and questioned by us he replied that he resigns and dissolves the co-habitation with her.

Kapinio was also a kind of a pre-marriage donation.
    Thank you very much Sotos! I really appreciate your help!

ioanell

Greek
    Good translation! Just a reservation regarding ανακεκαλυμμένη which is perfect participle of the verb ανακαλύπτομαι. In my opinion, the relevant phrase could be better rendered as “she was found having committed adultery which was uncovered …”

Σύμφωνα με τον Κριαρά, καπίνι: Γάμος (χριστιανών) με πράξη μουσουλμάνου ιεροδικαστή, του κατή.

greeksources

Turkish
    Good translation! Just a reservation regarding ανακεκαλυμμένη which is perfect participle of the verb ανακαλύπτομαι. In my opinion, the relevant phrase could be better rendered as “she was found having committed adultery which was uncovered …”

Σύμφωνα με τον Κριαρά, καπίνι: Γάμος (χριστιανών) με πράξη μουσουλμάνου ιεροδικαστή, του κατή.
    Thank you for your contribution Ioanell. I checked Κριαρά as well, after your post, I think its translation is quite fair.