Help with translation. Is this allowed?

Discussion in 'Comments and Suggestions' started by Plus7, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Plus7 Member

Greek - Cyprus
    Hello,

I am creating a website and I have 26 words and short phrases which I want translated to several languages (words such as "wind", "humidity", "sunrise" and phrases such as "chance of rain", "dew point").

Is it allowed to go to the forum section of each of the languages and ask if anybody can help me, or is such thing against the rules?

Thanks!!

2. chamyto

chamyto Senior Member

Burgos, Spain
    Spanish
    Hello, as far as I know, if you want a translation bear in mind that the threads' titles have to be specific, because they are included in the WR dictionary as well.
    I do not know what languages you are referring to, but ( in most cases ) it is adviceable to provide the whole context and (if possible) provide your attempt.

3. Plus7 Member

Greek - Cyprus
    Thanks. My attempt would not be possible because I need translations for languages I do not know. Would it be best to open 1 thread in the "All languages" section, or open a separate thread for each language I need help?

4. cherine

cherine Moderator

Alexandria, Egypt
    Arabic (Egypt).
    Hi,

You can use the All Languages forum, but we can't translate all the words for you because this would be going against forum rule #5. We can help with one or two words, but if you want your whole app translated, you should hire translators.