Henhouse on fire?

< Previous | Next >

Punknddisorderly

India
A young research scientist Jo encounters an alien near her home in a forest. She seeks help from an egg seller who is intimidated by her knowledge and leaves the two girls refuses to help the alien get to her home because both of them dont believe she's an alien and jo wants help to get rid of the alien-playing nine year old human . The man immediately leaves and jo is left to think why the regular residents of the area won't look after their guests alike the alien girl. Then as the egg seller leaves she calls out "Henhouse on fire?" Does it mean that she's frustrated and is asking if his henhouse is on fire or what for leaving so early or it is something else?

• Punknddisorderly

India
    I'm sorry about that.
    To answer your question no, the henhouse is not actually in fire so I think she's asking him why is he leaving her to handle the alien all by herself when the alien has entered their ground so he knows their rules. I'm saying so because Jo has rented a house in the area for a research so she doesn't know the ways there. And its jo calling out to him in frustration and not the egg seller.

velisarius

British English (Sussex)
    She asks him sarcastically why he is leaving so suddenly.

What's wrong? Why do you have to rush off like that? Is your hen-house on fire?

People make this kind of remark. What's up, is your house on fire? Why are you up so early? Is your bed on fire?

< Previous | Next >