herbal side

< Previous | Next >

HyperHanabi

Bangkok - Thai
From the British novel "Follow You Home" by Mark Edwards.

===========================================

"Needing to score some weed, he spent a happy hours indulging his herbal side."

===========================================

I have known 'herbal side' is referred to weed but since I have to translate into native language, I can't find the fit word to definite "side" correctly.

I looked up at dict online and see some possibly meaning

1. BRITISH/ INFORMAL: a proud attitude

and

2. [ C ] a part of someone's character: She seems quite fierce, but actually she has a gentle side.

Still, i don't know how to put the right word, like i can feel the mass but unable to take a shape. Could anyone make it easier for me by giving a synopsis or explanation please.

• Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    In ordinary English, we might say, "indulging his interest in weed [=marijuana]" which probably means that he smokes marijuana.

To tell the truth, I don't understand how this fits with the first part that says that he needs to score [=buy] some weed/marijuana.

Perhaps the sentence before or after this one tells what he actually does and would help us make sense of this. Remember that you will get better answers if you tell us something about the context -- who this is and what he is doing. You may quote up to 3 more sentences, for a total of 4, including the one you are asking about.

HyperHanabi

Bangkok - Thai
    In ordinary English, we might say, "indulging his interest in weed [=marijuana]" which probably means that he smokes marijuana.

To tell the truth, I don't understand how this fits with the first part that says that he needs to score [=buy] some weed/marijuana.

Perhaps the sentence before or after this one tells what he actually does and would help us make sense of this. Remember that you will get better answers if you tell us something about the context -- who this is and what he is doing. You may quote up to 3 more sentences, for a total of 4, including the one you are asking about.
    Sorry Cager, I shortened the sentence.

Here it is "Needing to score some weed, he sold stolen phone and spent a happy hours indulging his herbal side."

Cagey

English - US
    Ah, that makes sense. He sold the phone and bough some marijuana, which he smoked, happily.

Doe this answer your question.

Cagey

English - US
    Yes, he is. :)
    I assume that you understand that his interest is not abstract -- he is using it to get high.

< Previous | Next >