herewith the explanation

sakya kim

myanmar
''Herewith the explanation of the eleven propositions of the pa†icca-samuppåda formula has been brought to a close.''

in this sentence, can I understand the word ''herewith'' as: ''with above mentioned lecture''?
How can I understand?

please explain me...

Thanks to All...

• Uncle Jack

British English
    "Herewith" is a formal word and its use here seem entirely unnecessary, The meaning appears to be "This sentence brings the explanation to a close", but I don't understand why the present perfect is used. What is the situation? Is this sentence spoken or written at the end of the explanation?

sakya kim

myanmar
    "Herewith" is a formal word and its use here seem entirely unnecessary, The meaning appears to be "This sentence brings the explanation to a close", but I don't understand why the present perfect is used. What is the situation? Is this sentence spoken or written at the end of the explanation?
    ''Herewith the explanation of the eleven propositions of the pa†icca-samuppåda
    formula has been brought to a close. From my explanations you will have seen that
    the twelve links of the formula are distributed over three successive lives, and that
    they may be applied to our past, present and future lives. The first two links, avijjå
    and kamma-formations, represent the kamma causes in the past life; the next five
    links, consciousness, etc., represent the kamma-results in the present life; the
    following three links, craving, clinging and kamma-process, represent the kammic
    causes in the present life; and the two last links, rebirth, and decay and death,
    represent the kamma-results in the future life.''

Uncle Jack

British English
    The writer appears to want something to form a break between the explanation and the summary. This still does not explain the use of the present perfect (what is the previous sentence?), and there are, in my opinion better ways of doing this..

Keith Bradford

English (Midlands UK)
    The more natural (and more modern) way of saying this is:
    'This brings to a close the explanation of the eleven propositions of the pa†icca-samuppåda
    formula.'
    Almost all uses of "herewith" and its cousins (herein, hereby, hereunder, heretoforementioned... etc.) are unnecessary and pompous. Even lawyers in Britain were advised to drop them, over thirty years ago.

sakya kim

myanmar
    p
    The writer appears to want something to form a break between the explanation and the summary. This still does not explain the use of the present perfect (what is the previous sentence?), and there are, in my opinion better ways of doing this..
    previous sentence:
    Now we have reached the eleventh and last proposition: Jåti-paccayå jara-maraˆaµ: “Through rebirth decay and death are conditioned.” Without birth there cannot be decay and death. If we had not been born, we would not have to die, and would not be exposed to all sorts of misery. Thus rebirth is a necessary condition for decay and death, and for all other forms of misery. Hence it was said: “Through rebirth decay
    and death are conditioned.”

Uncle Jack

British English
    That looks to be part of the explanation, so it does not account for the present perfect in the following sentence. Concluding sentences are usually written in the present tense.

sakya kim

myanmar
    That looks to be part of the explanation, so it does not account for the present perfect in the following sentence. Concluding sentences are usually written in the present tense.
    Thank..
    here another conclusion sentence one:
    ''Thus we have seen how the physical (rËpa) phenomena are a condition to the mind-base (manåyatana), or consciousness. And herewith we have settled the meaning of the proposition: “Through the mental and physical phenomena the six
    bases of mental life are conditioned.”''

and the other one is introduction:

''Herewith we come to the second proposition: Saˆkhårå-paccayå viññåˆaµ: “Through the kamma-formations consciousness is conditioned.” In other words:
    through kamma, or the volitional activities, in the past birth, the conscious life in this
    present birth is conditioned.

Please... actual what I want to know is ''how meaning this word HEREWITH can give in its contexts here''

Uncle Jack

British English
    The meaning is "with this", as Keith says. What "this" is is a little harder to say, but the writer is probably thinking of the end of the preceding sentence, although readers may interpret it as the sentence that "herewith" forms part of ("with this sentence"). In your last example ("Herewith we come to..."), "This" appears to refer to the previous sentence or section, but it is probably best interpreted as meaning "We now come to...".

sakya kim

myanmar
    The meaning is "with this", as Keith says. What "this" is is a little harder to say, but the writer is probably thinking of the end of the preceding sentence, although readers may interpret it as the sentence that "herewith" forms part of ("with this sentence"). In your last example ("Herewith we come to..."), "This" appears to refer to the previous sentence or section, but it is probably best interpreted as meaning "We now come to...".
    Thank your kind...