he's got some blockage in the poop chute

< Previous | Next >

chopin7

Albanian
Hello

It's the movie Elvis.
Elvis want to do serious classy movies, his manager insists that he has to go on with light comedies because they are successful and make money.
At this point, manager language becomes colorful and he says,
"You stick with what sells. You don't see the snow-cone man
switch from cherry juice to prune juice just because he's got some blockage in the poop chute."

If this "blockage in the poop chute" is some kind of constipation according to net,
what's that got to do with cherry and prune?
Or is it something completely different here?

Thank you

• ewie

English English
    Hullo Chopin. Yes, that is colourful, to say the least:D
    Blockage in the poop shoot = constipation:thumbsup:
    Snow-cones are a delicious, nutritious confection [:rolleyes:]: basically flavoured ice in a cone. (Image) Typically they have flavours that appeal to kids, e.g. cherry.
    Prunes are a laxative, and the last thing you'd expect a snow-cone to be flavoured with.

Is this enough to work it out?

Packard

USA, English
    To expand on Ewie's succinct reply I would mention an occurance when I was in college.

Most of the students ate at the cafeteria which was no cost if you paid for a yearly "board" fee. One morning they served bran for breakfast along with stewed prunes and (I guess) there was a lot of prune juice left over from stewing the prunes because they served prune juice instead of the usual orange juice.

About one third of the school missed morning classes the next day because of diarrhea as prunes, prune juice and bran all act as laxatives.

Packard

USA, English
    A genuine triple whammy, Mr P:D
    Yes, it exhibited extreme efficacy. (Someone should have been shot--or at least fired--for that trick.) College students do not think in terms of laxatives, prunes, prune juice or bran.

< Previous | Next >